- 1 cup Planet Rice
- 1 1/2 tblsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 broccoli stalks cut into 2 inch pieces (or to taste)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 cup monterrey jack cheese (grated)
- 3 tablespoons fine diced yellow onion
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
– In a large sauce pan to blanch the broccoli, bring to med-high heat.
– In a medium saucepan add the olive oil and brown the rice and the diced garlic for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
– Add 2 cups of the hot water, bring to a boil; stir and cover with a lid.
– Reduce to low and let cook for 12 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed.
– Preheat the oven to 400 degrees; grease 8-in pan.
– Begin blanching the broccoli for about 5 minutes; then spoon out and set into an ice bath, once cooled down take out the bowl and roughly chop the broccoli. Transfer to a large bowl.
– In the mixing bowl with the broccoli add the rice, cheddar and Monterrey Jack cheese, onion, salt and pepper.
– Transfer to an 8-in pan, top with extra cheddar cheese.
– Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven, and enjoy.www.planetricefoods.com